Happy friends can make you happy ...
and so can happy friends of your friends.
Take a look around and see whom you should thank for your happiness. Turns out, happiness may be infectious, a contagion (if you will) that you can spread or receive just by being in close proximity to other people - yeah, that´s so obvious since aeons - but researchers found that out in a study published Dec 2008 in the British Medical Journal.Saying, they have come to an "unusual conclusion" that suggests you and people you've never met can have an impact on each other's feelings. Ha - that´s why I love TWITTER - I feel the spirit of the people - funny? Normal :-)
A person's happiness is most likely to boost the happiness levels in people closest to him -- spouses, relatives, neighbors, and friends. Like Cascading Stylesheets (boom).
If one person is happy, that increases the chances of happiness in a friend living within a mile by 25 percent. The "cascade" effect, as the researchers put it, continues: a friend of the friend has almost a 10 percent higher likelihood of being happy, and a friend of that friend has a 5.6 percent increased chance. In the other words, one person's happiness can spread outward through three degrees of separation. Those at the center of such circles may be people that "you have never met. But their mood can have a profound effect on your own mood," Fowler said.
Fowler said the study has "totally changed the way I see the world. To think about the way we're connected to one another has caused me to take more responsibility for my own actions," he said. "If I head home in a happy mood, I'm not just making my son happy, I'm potentially making my son's friend happy. I'm not just making my wife happy, I'm making my wife's mother happy."
A study changed his mood? It´s not a secret that researchers hide in their offices and are not much into socializing -they study too much :-) Why didn´t you hang out with, e.g. independent minded people, crazy people, nonconformists, excentric artists, travellers etc. earlier in your life, Mr. Fowler. Here´s your chance - follow veryheaven on Twitter.
Sources / Links outside
Your Happiness depends solely on You - here´s a your start-up guide:Seen at Lauralovesart.com
1. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
2. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
3. Sleep for 7 hours.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Play more games.
6. Read more books than you did the previous year.
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink plenty of water.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
14. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
15. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
16. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
17. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
18. Smile and laugh more.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Don’t compare your partner with others.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Forgive everyone for everything.
26. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
28. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
29. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
30. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
31. The best is yet to come.
32. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
33. Do the right thing!
34. Call your family often.
35. Your inner most is always happy. So be happy.
36. Each day give something good to others.
37. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
You kiss Me - We are going to bed feeling downright euphoric.
02. Feb. 2009 /10. April 2009 / 04. August 2014